MA Textiles (Woven Textile) – Royal College of Art – Sep 2019 > present (will graduate in Jun 2021)
BA Textile design – University of the Arts London – Chelsea College of Arts – Sep 2016 > Jun 2019
Foundation Art and Design – University of the Arts London – Sep 2015 > May 2016
GGUP fashion Ltd, Beijing, China. Online Freelance designer from Dec 2020 – Apr 2021.
*Logo design and Child’s wear stylist
*Colour and trend research ( material study for specific sensitive skin)
Desigual (Barcelona) Clothing Ltd Sales Department London. Sales assistant from Aug 2018. – Feb 2019.
*Quickly integrate into a multicultural work environment and independently learn basic Spanish to deal with customers in the brand’s native region
*Use of multilingualism to solve many urgent customer needs due to cultural differences
Mujirushi Ryohin Keikau Co, Ltd, London, The UK. Sales assistant and researcher from Aug 2017 – Jan 2018.
*Marketing research and customer service
*Sustainable slow design study
Kingswind (Beijing) Fashion Co., Ltd, Beijing,China. Design Department. Freelance designer from Jul 2016 – May 2017.
*Worked on an independent winter collection
*Assisted in the selection of fabrics and accessories on several occasions and worked with the design team on some of the menswear collections
Skills & Software
- Woven textile Design
- Woven textiles making skill with Hand looms, Dobby looms and Jacquard design
- Adobe software: Photoshop / Illustrator / InDesign / Premiere Pro / Lightroom
- CMF (colour, material and finish) design
- Hand Drawing, Illustration skills
- Dyeing skills: Acid and Direct dyes
- Print skills: screen print and digital print
- Basic hand embroidery
- Online Work in Progress Show (https://wip2021.rca.ac.uk/students/fei-gu) Feb 2021
- Work in Progress Show (Logitech & RCA) – Hockney Gallery, London, The UK. Feb 2020
- BA Degree Show – Chelsea College of Arts, London, The UK. Jul 2019
- Permière Vision International Exhibition of Clothing Textile – Paris, France. Feb 2018
- Grand Design Challenge, Logitech and Royal College of Art. Group project, Shortlist. Feb 2020
Collaboration / project
- Fashion accessories collaboration with Nuonuo Yu, London, The UK. Mar 2020